AppSentinels Online Privacy Statement
AppSentinels is committed to maintaining strong protections for our customers, products and company. We believe in building and maintaining trust, reducing risk and simply doing what is right.
AppSentinels Systems, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively “AppSentinels”) are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and while using our products and services (“Solutions”).
This Privacy Statement applies to AppSentinels websites and Solutions that link to or reference this Privacy Statement and describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal information. Additional information on our personal information practices with respect to AppSentinels Offers may be provided in privacy data sheets and maps, offer descriptions, or other notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection. Certain AppSentinels websites and Solutions may have their own privacy documentation describing how we handle personal information for those websites or Solutions specifically. To the extent a specific notice for a website or Solution differs from this Privacy Statement, the specific notice will take precedent. If there is a difference in translated, non-English versions of this Privacy Statement, the US-English version will take precedent.
What is Personal Information
“Personal information” is any information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), social media account information, or payment card number.
The types of personal information that we may process depends on the business context and the purposes for which it was collected. It may include:
- Contact, subscription, registration, online identifiers, social media and discussion forum or communications details;
- Communications (i.e., audio, video, text) content;
- Online behavior and product usage information;
- Financial Information (e.g., bank account details, etc.);
- Details of an individual’s business and other interests and opinions (e.g., where information is held in a Customer Relationship Management database); and
- information about the user of our products and services, including System Information such as device identifiers, and telemetry (such as IP or MAC address) when such data is linked or tied to a specific person’s device.
If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information.
Collection & Use of Your Personal Information
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and Solutions and interact with us. We also acquire personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating and helping to ensure the security of our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending notices, marketing and other communications, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
We collect personal information for a variety of business reasons, such as:
- Order processing, including billing and payment
- Customer relationship management and administration
- Creating and managing user accounts
- Provisioning websites and Solutions and enabling the use of certain features
- Analyzing, personalizing, improving accuracy, and enhancing user experience, communications, and interactions
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from AppSentinels or from our partners.
- Managing communications preferences. You can modify your communication preferences at any time. See Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences below.
- Contract performance, Solution delivery, and customer service
- Managing a job application
- Administering online education, testing and certifications
- Facilitating conferences, webinars, and other events
If you choose to provide AppSentinels with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information and Exercising Your Rights
We need your help to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. We provide options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information:
- You can view or edit your AppSentinels.com personal information and preferences online by using the AppSentinels Profile Management Tool.
- When AppSentinels is acting as a “data controller”, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that AppSentinels entity as described in the specific Solution documentation or by submitting a request through the Privacy Request form.
- When AppSentinels is acting as a “data processor” and you wish to exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations, AppSentinels will direct you to the data controller under the applicable data protection laws.
- If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request or need more time, we will provide you with an explanation.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the option to receive a variety of information related to our business, programs, website, and Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences at any time through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that mailing.
- By completing and submitting this form or by contacting us via mail at: AppSentinels Systems, Inc., Privacy Office, Regd Office: 63, Cascading Meadows, Nr Hebron Apartment-II, Margondahalli Road, TC Palya, KR Puram, Bangalore, Karnataka, India – 560036. Please be sure to include your name, email address, the communication received, method of delivery (e.g., post, email, phone call, text), and any additional information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
- For short message services (“SMS Services”), reply “STOP,” “END,” or “QUIT” to the SMS text message you have received.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain programs, websites, and Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel or stop use in accordance with its terms and conditions. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with AppSentinels business partners or vendors, so they may send you information about websites, programs, products or services that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of AppSentinels sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please click here.
By using our websites, Solutions, or otherwise engaging or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you by posting a notice on our websites, sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, analyzing, improving, securing, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within AppSentinels and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for the purposes of data processing, such as marketing, business operations, compliance, security, website or Solution functionality, or storage.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested website, Solution, service or transaction. Examples include processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- With AppSentinels business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services. To opt-out of AppSentinels sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please click here.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority or third party if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of AppSentinels, our business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. AppSentinels implements physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect your personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
Retention and Disposal of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our rights and agreements.
Like many websites and web-based Solutions, AppSentinels uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to us (e.g., Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, clickstream behavior, and telemetry).
These tools help make your visit to our website and Solutions easier, more efficient, and personalized. We also use the information to improve our website and Solutions and provide greater service and value.
For more information, or if you would like to opt out of interest-based advertising, see How AppSentinels Uses Automatic Data Collection Tools.
To update your cookie preferences, visit the AppSentinels Cookie Consent Manager.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside AppSentinels control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on the websites you visit.
Forums and Chat Rooms
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room on a AppSentinels website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e., your public profile and comments) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither AppSentinels nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. AppSentinels is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, click here. In some cases, we may not be able to remove all your personal information and comments. In such cases, we will provide you with a response and explanation.