Deployment - Kubernetes Side-Car
- AppSentinels comes with Envoy based sidecars. Follow installation instructions to deploy these sidecars on the target K8 Application Namespace.
- Additionally deploy AppSentinels Edge Controller and ensure it’s reachable from the sidecars. It can be a POD in the same K8 cluster, or a docker/VM outside the cluster.
- AppSentinels sidecars intercepts incoming HTTP/HTTPS traffic for the micro-service and forward the logs to Edge Controller.
- For HTTP, AppSentinels sidecars can function in OOB mode (i.e, processing copy of a packet), thereby avoiding any impact to Applications in case of an outage.
- AppSentinels sidecars have optional max latency configuration. In case latency crosses certain threshold, AppSentinels automatically gets into fail-open mode thereby ensuring latency for application traffic is maintained.
- AppSentinels can take session based actions like blocking a malicious request directly from the sidecar. It can also take action against bad IP’s or Users.